Saturday, June 4, 2011

Steampunk Evil Dead!


Over at Gores Truly, a man named Clifton has recently won Horror Costume of The Month with his version of Steampunk Ash from my favorite film trilogy, The Evil Dead (sorry Star Wars, the prequels ruined you).  I find the current obsession with Steampunk kinda puzzling.  Don't get me wrong, I think Steampunk can be all kinds of awesome.  I love Firefly as much as the next person and I'm about to start reading K.W. Jeter's Infernal Devices (or maybe I'll start with Morlock Night), but what used to be a small, teeny-tiny sub genre of dorkdom has exploded.  Now, every con I go to whether it's HorrorfindWizard Philly Con, or Otakon has a steampunk booth.  Cue Spock voice, "Fascinating."  Anyway, way to go Cliff.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment