Thursday, June 9, 2011

John Carpenter Speaks To The Alamo Drafthouse About They Live


The Alamo Drafthouse has been getting a lot of buzz lately thanks to their Don't Talk & Don't Text video's that have been making the mainstream media rounds (and yes, I agree with Anderson Cooper that owner Tim League deserves the Noble Prize, no hyperbole here).  But the real reason The Alamo is Awesome is because of stuff like the below video.  Tonight, The Alamo has a They Live screening and before the show director John Carpenter will address the audience:


So at the end of the video Carpenter holds up a (censored) Shepard Fairey poster that will be released at a random time tomorrow via Mondo Tees.  Naturally, I'll be hard at work when this goes on sale but I'm gonna do my best to snag it via my iphone.  Good luck to me and to you.  Below is a preview image of Fairey's work found on OMG Posters!


I've been to The Alamo once.  Saw Spider-Man 3 there and even though I hated, hated, hated that bloody movie I had a great time at America's Greatest Movie Theater.  It truly lived up to that title and I hope to one day get my butt back to Texas for any number of their fests.

--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment