Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dork Art: The Texas Monthly Rolling Roadshow!


It's that time of year again.  The time when Austin's Alamo Drafthouse celebrates cinematic geography with their Rolling Roadshow and just like every other year, I get to watch from the sidelines of Facebook and twitter as lots of lucky people get to sit in cinema's landscape and absorb the classics.  This year doesn't stretch the nation like usual, but celebrates celluloid Texas with Blood Simple, Bonnie & Clyde, Giant, Hud, The Last Picture Show, No Country For Old Men, Red River, Tender Mercies, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Searchers.  This year, Mondo has brought on minimalist artist Jason Munn to do poster duties and even though I don't like them as much as last year's Olly Moss batch they're still pretty nifty.









 --Brad

2 comments:

  1. Awesome set of prints! My money would go towards that Bonnie and Clyde poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd probably pony up for the Bonnie and Clyde and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I do also need a Searchers poster...hmmm, just not enough money in the world to satisfy me.

    ReplyDelete