With the release of this weeks Kid Adventure film, Super 8, which harkens back to so many movies of the 80s, we at In the Mouth of Dorkness wanted to give you some of our favorite kid adventurers.
|I know kung fu.|
5. The Gang from Space Camp: These kids live the adventure I dreamed of all through my youth. Going to space was almost all I could think of for years.
4. Sarah from Labyrinth: Her fantasy world becomes her reality, and she’s forced to learn what’s really important, but Sarah is up to the challenge.
3. Juni and Carmen Cortez from Spy Kids: These two spirited kids know a thing or two about saving the world, even when dealing with life’s most awkward moments.
2. Billy Batson from The Adventures of Captain Marvel: This plucky young kid not only becomes the brawny superman Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!), but he’s plenty adventurous in his normal life, too.
1. Hogarth Hughes from The Iron Giant: He’s a kid a lot like myself as a boy, kind of living in his own head and not knowing where to go or what to do (and living in Maine). When he befriends a giant robot from space, he finds a purpose in life and makes some friends along the way.