Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dork Art: Mondo Releases for The Devil's Backbone & Cronos


Mondo concludes its Guillermo Del Toro poster series with The Devil's Backbone and Cronos. The Devil's Backbone comes to you from Vania Zouravliov and Aaron Horkey and will come in three variations measuring 24 x 36.  It goes on sale this Friday at the usual random time; the standard costing $60 and the two variants costing $90.  The Cronos standard and variant will go on sale at a later date for a price yet named.

The Devil's Backbone is easily my favorite Del Toro film as well as my favorite cinematic ghost story.  But I gotta say that I'm a little underwhelmed by the Mondo print.  It's pretty and I love Horkey's lettering, but it just doesn't feel like the film to me.  I'm probably gonna give it a pass.  I like Martin Ansin's Cronos print a little bit better, but again I'm not in love with it.  So far, I've only scored the Blade 2 print from Mondo, having missed out on both of the Hellboys and the Pan's Labyrinth.  I'm cool with that.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment