Friday, March 11, 2011

Stephen King To Constant Readers: New Dark Tower Book!?!?!?



On his website, Stephen King has just announced that he's completed a new book in The Dark Tower saga called The Wind Through the Keyhole and it should hit bookstores some time next year!!!  He states that it will take place between book 4 (Wizard and Glass) and book 5 (The Wolves of Calla); it won't be as long as books 2-7 but it will be significantly longer than the first book, The Gunslinger.

Whoa...although, I can't really say I'm surprised.  The Dark Tower has been picking up steam thanks to the success of the Marvel comics series and all this buzz surrounding Ron Howard's crazy TV/Movie format adaptation.  Call me cynical, but a new Dark Tower book from King seemed inevitable.  And despite my disappoint at the climax of Book 7, I'm kinda stoked about a new Roland book.  At least, much more so than King's upcoming JFK Time Travel book 11/22/63.


--Brad

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see this painting I look out the window to make sure we are not engulfed in fog, which really sucks because today it is quite foggy out. Time to grab the canned food and shotguns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is one of the last illustrations Drew Struzan did for Hollywood. Have you read that Struzan book Dan? Pretty sad stuff there towards the end.

    ReplyDelete