Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Governator!?! Seriously, Did April Fools Day Come Early?


Whoa.  Seriously, Stan Lee and Arnold Schwarzenegger have teamed up to do an animated television show called The Governator?  Am I dreaming?  Have I wandered into some Sliders alternate universe?  No?  This is happening.  Wow.


Entertainment Weekly has all the nitty gritties, but this Arnie quote pretty much sums up my own feelings on the matter, "When I ran for governor back in 2003 and I started hearing people talking about ‘the Governator,’ I thought the word was so cool. The word Governator combined two worlds: the world of politics and the movie world. And [this cartoon] brings everything together. It combines the governor, the Terminator, the bodybuilding world, the True Lies…" Yeash. This sounds absolutely terrible, but I'm totally there to watch the trainwreck. And who knows? Maybe it will kick all kinds of ass...maybe.

Stan Lee: "The Governator is going to be a great superhero, but he’ll also be Arnold Schwarzenegger. We’re using all the personal elements of Arnold’s life. We’re using his wife [Maria Shriver]. We’re using his kids. We’re using the fact that he used to be governor. Only after he leaves the governor’s office, Arnold decides to become a crime fighter and builds a secret high-tech crime-fighting center under his house in Brentwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment