Monday, March 7, 2011

New Release Tuesday (3/8/11)!!!

Must Buy DVD of The Week!


THE WALKING DEAD:  What starts off as a loose but emotionally strict adaptation of the Robert Kirkman comic series quickly deviates into its own thing.  And that makes me nervous.  The first four episodes are absolutely fantastic.  The cast practically walks off the page.  Andrew Lincoln is Rick Grimes!  Michael Rooker & brother Norman Reedus (well, they're new to the story but they rock).  The last two episodes...not so sure.  We'll just have to wait and see what Darabont & Co do with Season 2.

Buy!


EXCALIBUR (blu ray):  Mad Dog John Boorman (Deliverance, Zardoz) sets his pinwheely vision on the King Arthur legend and no one (not even Clive Owen!) has been able to top this beautiful bit of madness.  And on blu ray, those colors are gonna pop.  Can't wait.

Rent!


BMX BANDITS:  This came very, very close to making my Buy! list and if I wasn't currently broke thanks to a rather massive Shatner Movie Night (more on that later) and the upcoming San Diego Comic Con, I would totally buy this Aussie flick sight unseen.  As a kid, I loved, loved, loved the BMX extreme sports film RAD.  I haven't seen it in a long time and I'm sure it's garbage.  And I haven't seen this flick either.  But it's got Nicole Kidman.  And it's got BMX bikes.  Why aren't you watching this film right now?


THE NEXT THREE DAYS:  Here's another one I missed in the theater.  I'm not a huge Russell Crowe fan, but I dig fugitive flicks and I like that Elizabeth Banks is his wife-on-the-lam.  And I really love Liam Neeson...even if he's probably in it for fifteen minutes.

Avoid!


JACKASS 3D:  Come on, resist the urge.  We do not need to see this.  Seriously, it's just a bunch of filmed crotch shots.  They weren't funny when Bob Saget narrated them and they're not funny now.

No comments:

Post a Comment