Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ripples across the Pond?


I don't know a lot of details about the film industry in England and the UK, other than like most things there, it seems to be mostly state sponsored.  And headbutts are apparently considered rather extreme violence, because they're often edited out of films that want to be seen by wide audiences.  However, I found this article about the success of The King's Speech rather interesting. 



I really enjoyed the film, though I don't personally think it was the "best picture" of last year.  Still, it's worth seeing.  And I hope its win does have a positive effect in general on film in the UK.  I think in part because of the state involvement, their film industry has always languished a bit, due to a lack of support, especially when attempting anything too far away from the status quo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment