Friday, March 18, 2011

The Return of...Wonder Woman?

OK, I'll admit, I haven't read much of the comic, if any.  But I've always thought Wonder Woman could be a really cool character.  Between my long time love of warrior women, her origins in pseudo-Greek Myth, that crazy getup, and a childhood crush on Lynda Carter, there's always been a lot to interest me.  However, whenever she showed up in a cartoon or comic, I never liked how she was handled.  Same when I'd read the back of a comic trade, or a synopsis in Previews. 


Still, I think they found someone who captures the physical side of Wonder Woman (though she could probably work on those arms a bit).  Now, David E. Kelley needs to work some magic.  Does he have it?  Frankly, he's not my first choice.  And neither is Joss Whedon, by the way.  After the craptacular Dollhouse, I'm kind of done with him for a while.  He needs to find a new shtick, shake things up a bit, stop re-writing Buffy again and again.  But other than Boston Legal, I can't say there's another show Kelley has done that I've been all that fond of.  I did like Lake Placid a lot, though.  I just don't want to see this show be jokey.  To me, Wonder Woman should be badass, not goofy. 

First Look
Time will tell.  In the meantime, I've got my DC animated film, which is not only the best Wonder Woman I've seen, but also one of the best DC animated feature.




-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment