Friday, March 18, 2011

Maybe a Trek Convention Isn't Such a Bad Idea.


Being a single male and enjoying Star Trek, I guess I have some obvious feelings about these findings.  I can't say I'm really surprised.  Living near a major metropolitan area has changed my views on a lot of things.  One of the more interesting, and for me coal warming (heart warming most people), things I've come to realize is a lot of women are just as nerdy as I am.  Science fiction, in spite of some rather obvious sexist elements throughout its history (primarily male authors, half naked women on the covers, etc.) has often been a genre that has pushed very pro-women ideas well ahead of our culture adopting them. 

And who knows, maybe we can finally get Trek fan Rosario Dawson to be in the next film?  I think it should happen.


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment