Saturday, May 14, 2011
A Fistful of Priests! (Matt's Picks)
So, this week, we're looking at our favorite holy men, in preparation for viewing the crazy looking actioner Priest. I hope the Judge Dredd vibe from the trailers carries through the film.
5. Father Vito Cornelius (The Fifth Element): He knows some pretty big secrets, and might just be able to save the world. If only he can get a bunch wacky people to work together for five minutes.
4. Junbao (Tai Chi Master): This young monk may loose his mind when his friend betrays him, but it’s OK. Some elemental wisdom and a little help from his friends will re-forge him into a fantastic warrior.
3. Padre Cortez (Machete): Vows are all fine and dandy. But when the crap hits the fan, the good Padre is ready to hit back.
2. Brother Cadfael (Cadfael): This wise and gentle old man uses evidence and logic to solve problems during a time when those things were less than fashionable. And he has iron in him. He wasn’t always a holy man.
1. Father McGruder (Dead Alive): When hoards of undead are attacking your pleasant little neighborhood, I hope you’re lucky enough to have a guy like Father McGruder on your side.