Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Parker: Jason Statham Set Photos & Art


There he is ladies and gentlemen, Jason Statham's Parker.  In a cowboy hat.  These set photos have been floating around the internet since late last year, but this is the first I've seen of them.  First reaction, I do love seeing Jason Statham in a cowboy hat.  I do not love seeing Parker in a cowboy hat.  And yeah, I think I've already made up my mind that this is not my Parker movie and that's probably a terrible outlook, but I guess I'm just one of those internet fanboy ragers whining about fictional stuff without ever seeing a single trailer let alone the actual movie.  And that's something about myself that just annoys me. Still....GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I WANT THIS MOVIE TO BE GOOOOOOOOOOOD!  I want it too much.  And again, Taylor Hackford has yet to direct anything that's really impressed me.




The first film to use Parker's actual name, and based upon Richard Stark's Flashfire, IMDB has this to say about the storyline "When Parker turns down a job offer to pull off a jewel heist, he narrowly escapes with his life. He then teams up with a female real estate agent who is familiar with the local town and has nothing to lose to find the target of the heist so they can steal the loot for themselves."  With a cast that include Jennifer Lopez, Michael Chiklis, Clifton Collins Jr, Nick Nolte, and Wendall Pierce I'm sure we're going to get a perfectly serviceable film.



But I gotta keep reminding myself that Jennifer Lopez was really good in Out of Sight.  She may be an American Idol judge now and the costar of Gigli, but she has been capable of good stuff in the past.  Must Remember Money Train!...hey, I like that flick!



BONUS PARKER ART:

Darwyn Cooke 

Joe Bowen

Gabrielle Hardman              Kelly Tindall

 Blinky Pitz

Shonborn                     Kyle Latino

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment