Friday, February 10, 2012
A Fistful of Rocks! (Matt’s Picks)
With acting titan Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in what promises to be one of this year’s great films, Journey 2, we figured it was time to list a few of our favorite Rocks in film.
5. Gorignak? From Galaxy Quest. No, it’s not the bipedal alien pig. Look out for the scenery. It’s a killer.
4. The Monolith Monsters: Don’t get ‘em wet.
3. Stonehenge from Spinal Tap: It may not be full size, but it’s still full of mystical powers. Just don’t step on it, or the ancient druid ghosts may get upset.
2. The Boulder from Raiders of the Lost Ark: This iconic boulder rolled after our intrepid hero and into film history, and countless parodies. Look out, Indy!
1. Vasquez Rock: This special piece of real estate in sunny California has subbed for just about every alien world ever envisioned by cash strapped TV and film makers.