Saturday, February 18, 2012
A Fistful of Crank! (Matt’s Picks)
In preparation of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Brad and I decided to warm up with Crank and Crank 2. Of course. Why wouldn’t you? Here are a few of my favorite moments.
5. The Pleasant Motorcycle Ride. Look, when you’re jacked up on coke, energy drinks, and epinephrine, on the run from the cops and wearing nothing but a hospital gown (and sporting an uncontrollable erection), sometimes you’ve got to enjoy the ride; smell the roses.
4. Fighting the Man. Chev has a few issues with authority. Mostly, they keep getting in the way when he’s got hunting and killing to do. “Oh, it’s on now!”
3. Elevator Self Discovery. In a pause before all kinds of hell, it’s good to take a moment, collect your thoughts, and learn something about yourself. Chev learns something from the mystical old man…or is it just in his head?
2. A Call to a Friend. It’s good to have friends. And when Chev needs a little help, a skeevy doctor is always willing to lend a little advice. Even if you’re in a high speed chase trough a mall, you can always use a little help from your friends.
1. The Romance. It’s not just one moment, but all the little things, from the pre-impact phone call to a strip club shoot-out. Chev and Eve are a beautiful couple, not afraid to show their love to the world.