Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dork Art: Death Wish


Just a few days ago, The Grey director Joe Carnahan let the world know via Twitter that he's signed on to direct a Death Wish remake.  I definitely dig Carnahan's films and I love the hell outta the original Death Wish series, but I'm not so sure I need a new version of this story.  It's simple enough where one could run off with a very different take on the style/narrative so I'm not freaking out or anything.  Besides, I like the cut of Carnahan's Tweets' gib:

"Guys. I’m doing ‘Death Wish.’ But this version is a re-imagining of the book and set in present day Los Angeles. The L.A. of ‘Collateral.’ It’s on buses, cabs, metro trains. I want to show an unseen version of L.A. L.A. on foot. Prowling. Hunting. The vast emptiness of downtown. … Refn did a phenomenal job shooting L.A. It took on a different dimension. That’s the key. … The only role I’m writing in ‘Death Wish’ which will mark the ONE time I’ve ever written exclusively for an actor, will be for @FrankGrillo."

                                        Bronson                                      Grillo


Well, now Mondo just posted the below picture on their tumblr page.  A quick Tyler Stout Charles Bronson!  This gets me salivating at the very notion of a Stout Death Wish Mondo print.  Want, want, want.  Of course, if it was anything like today's Drive release I won't have a holy heck of snagging one.


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment