Thursday, November 24, 2011

48 Years of Doctor Who


So, yesterday was the 48th anniversary of the debut of Doctor Who, one of my very favorite TV shows.  I first discovered the show while flipping channels as a boy.  I started with Robot, the first Tom Baker story, and I was hooked from that point on.  Like the original series of Star Trek, is had this amazing and strange sense of wonder and adventure, and often unchecked creativity.  With a limited budget, they told some over the top tales of other times and places that sparked my imagination like few others.


So, my hat's off to a great and venerable series.  It's had ups and downs over the years, with changing times, budgets, and technologies.  It dropped off many people's radar for many years, until it was relaunched 2005 to achieve more success than ever.

Cheers!



-Matt


And check out the poll we've got over on the right hand side.  It'll be up for the next 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment