Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lucio Fulci's Zombie Blu Ray!


When I was fourteen years old I discovered Horror films when my buddy Jason brought over a copy of Clive Barker's Hellraiser.  From there I started reading Barker's novels, Stephen King (which lead to my discovery of Stanley Kubrick via The Shining), and Richard Laymon.  Then I discovered Lucio Fulci.  And my life was forever changed.  The first film I devoured was Fulci's Zombie, the unofficial sequel to George Romero's Dawn of the Dead.  Worm Eyes!  Slow Motion Eyeball Impalings!  Zombies vs Sharks!  From there it was Italian Horror all the time; the rest of my high school years were consumed with that very particular form of exploitation.  I fell in love with Gates of Hell (aka City of the Living Dead), The House By The Cemetery, and The Beyond.

Now, the good folks at Blue Underground are finally awarding us dorks with a blu ray edition of Fulci's zombie island horror and it looks utterly fantastic.  Just hearing that score sends goosebumps across my flesh. I'm gonna need to do a Fulci Movie Night at this apartment soon.  Invite all my uninformed friends over for some gooey Italian cinema.






--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment