Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Look: Tonto & The Lone Ranger


Here's our first real look at Johnny Depp & Armie Hammer as Tonto & The Lone Ranger for Gore Verbinski's new Disney Epic.  Honestly?  I'm not sure if I really like it...or specifically, the look of Depp's Tonto.  Is this going to be another Jack Sparrow character, based in humor?  I don't want that.  But I also never asked for a goofy Green Hornet and I got that and I enjoyed it.  So, the jury is still out and I'm really looking forward to seeing the first trailer.  But the film is not set for release until May 31st of 2013; that's a long way off and it's way too early to freak out about how the Great Mouse is handling one of your favorite properties.  But this is the internet and this is what I do.

--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment