Saturday, March 10, 2012

Moebius Has Left Us...


Artist Jean Giraud aka Moebius has died.  He was 72 years old.  And he created some of the most stunning images of the medium and worked on the design work for two of my favorite genre films:  Alien & Tron.  I first became aware of his work through my teenage years obsession with Randy Bowen sculptures; I snatched up an Arzach just cuz it was a Bowen bust and that led me to the weird-o Arzach comics and those lead me to the even weirder Blueberry Westerns of Moebius.  And those Blueberrys brought me to his collaborations with Alejandro Jodorowsky which led me to the Dune movie that never was and to the bonkers cinema of El Topo!  It was a lot to take for my tiny teenage brain and it's a trip I hope a whole lotta other kids will take in the future.













--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment