Friday, July 15, 2011

Trailer: The Thing Prequel


Watching the below trailer for this October's The Thing I have to ask, "Is this really a prequel to the John Carpenter flick or just a spiffed up remake?"  And as much as I like Mary Elizabeth Winstead I have to wonder if she belongs in this boy's club?  I don't know, this movie has a lot to prove.  I'll be there opening night but I'm gonna have my arms crossed tight in a very disapproving manner until it shows me something new to get excited about.


--Brad

2 comments:

  1. It's a prequel? WTF? I watched the trailer (without sound) at work yesterday - um . . . it's a freakin' remake.

    Good luck to you watching it, but give me the original any day. Loved that movie as a kid.

    -chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I keep telling myself that JC's The Thing is a remake as well, but I hate how this new one is supposed to be a prequel when it's so obviously a remake. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete