Monday, July 11, 2011

Holy Cow! Guillermo Del Toro's Mimic: The Director's Cut!


Thank You Miramax for selling off all your back catalog!  And Thank You Lionsgate for recognizing the rabid desire of GDT fans!  I had pretty much given up on seeing a director's cut of Mimic.  I am sure that the extra seven minutes found within the new cut is not going to transform Mimic into one of the great genre pictures of the 1990s, but I am extremely curious to see what it does do and to listen to that new director's commentary.

I saw Mimic in the theater and I remember hating it upon first viewing.  I've grown to appreciate certain aspects of the film now, but it's still easily my least favorite of Del Toro's films despite some great creature work and Josh Brolin.  The new blu ray is coming to us September 27th and here are the special features listed over at Badass Digest:

· Video Prologue with director Guillermo del Toro- NEW
· Audio commentary with director/co-writer Guillermo Del Toro – NEW
· “Reclaiming Mimic” featurette – NEW
· “A Leap In Evolution – The Creatures of Mimic” featurette – NEW
· “Back Into The Tunnels – Shooting Mimic” featurette – NEW
· Deleted scenes – NEW
· Storyboard animatics – NEW
· Gag reel – NEW
· Theatrical Trailer


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment