Friday, May 24, 2013

"If I Just Ran A Little Faster..." - Professor Zoom Makes A Mess of Things in New 52 Prequel, The Flashpoint Pardox!


This is a bit of a tough sell for me.  In an effort to set up The New 52 continuity, DC Comics & writer Geoff Johns concocted the Flashpoint miniseries in which Professor Zoom (the reverse Flash) ran back in time & switched a few key events.  The Flash counter attacked by trying to set things right and what we were left with was The New 52.  Oh comic books, how I love your silliness.  Now The Flashpoint nonsense is the key subject matter of the latest Justice League direct-to-dvd movie.  The trailer really doesn't excite me, but I love the voice cast.  Kevin Conroy as Batman, Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern, Ron Perlman as Deathstroke, Cary Elwes as Aquaman, C Thomas Howell as Reverse Flash, and Kevin McKidd as Flashpoint Batman.  And it's directed by Jay Oliver who helmed the utterly badass & brilliant Dark Knight Returns films.  So I'll check it out, but I don't think it's going to be a blind buy come July 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment