Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dork Art: Mondo Goes Ape!



I've been waiting for Mondo to really kick it up a notch for 2012 and they have outdone themselves with this series of Planet of the Apes prints commemorating their "Day of Apes" 8 Hour Marathon from May of last year.  Tomorrow these prints will go on sale (at a random time) as a set for $230; any seperate leftovers will go on sale Friday afternoon.  If you get the set you also get the bonus "Go Ape" poster (pictured above) from Jason Edmiston.  As you should all know by now, both Matt & I are absolutely obsessed with the Apes series and these Mondo prints are amazing--any kind folks out there want to donate their hard earned cash to a couple of lonely dorks?  Hmmm...didn't think so.  Maybe I can snag one of the leftover, but I somehow doubt that :)

As much as I love Martin Ansin's Planet of the Apes & Phantom City Creative's Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, my favorite of the bunch is Rich Kelly's Escape From The Planet of the Apes.  I'm just a sucker for chimps is space suits.


Martin Ansin 24 x 36

 

Ken Taylor 24 x 36


Rich Kelly 24 x 36 


Phantom City Creative

 

Florian Bertmer 24 x 36


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment