Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Fistful of Mad Scientists! (Matt’s Picks)


    With our viewing of Metropolis on the big screen this past Friday, we’re listing our favorite mad scientists. 

5.  Dr. Jonathan Gediman loves his work.  OK, maybe a bit too much.  But he seems like a swell fella.  “What a beautiful, beautiful butterfly.”


4.  Dr. Hans Zarkov knows the Earth is in danger, and he’s gonna save it.  Enlisting the aid of a blonde dolt and his screaming lady friend, Zarkov is off in his garage-built space ship to save the day.


3.  I’m not going to swear that Logan didn’t get his doctorate out of a cereal box, but he sure was on to something.  He brought the best out of Bub, and I think he might have actually succeeded in making the walking dead behave, if he’d had the chance. 


2.  Dr. Zaius may not embody my idea of good science, what with his position as ‘Defender of the Faith,’ but he is an orangutan.


1.  Dr. Clayton Forrester’s love of evil science and subjecting others to awful movies wins him a place in my lump of coal (replaced my heart in 1996).  When I finally get Evil Science Island off the ground, I hope I can reflect a little of his glory.  We stand on the shoulders of giants, after all. 



-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment