Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trailer: The Hole


If I had to pick one director whose films defined my childhood it would have to be Joe Dante.  Gremlins, Explorers, The Howling, Gremlins 2, The Burbs, Inner Space, and Matinee.  I seriously cannot imagine a childhood without those movies.  They are an essential ingredient to the film freak that I am.  And when I got older I discovered the genius of his Roger Corman era: Hollywood Boulevard, Piranha, and a million billion exploitation trailers.  So the idea of Dante back behind the lens of a new kid centric flick is incredibly exciting.  Sure, The Hole has been sitting on shelfs for a few years now, but the below trailer seems to have some of that 80s Kid Adventure charm that I crave (FYI, this week's Paranorman has that in spades).

Apparently The Hole will be getting a short theatrical run on September 13th, but if I can't see it on the big screen I will most certainly be buying the DVD.  Especially considering I own every single Dante film available.  Yes, even Loony Tunes: Back In Action--cuz that movie is AWESOME!



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment