Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trailer: Brian De Palma's Passion


Brian De Palma once made films I freaking loved.  The Phantom of the Paradise, Blow Out, Body Double, The Untouchables, Carlito's Way.  These are films I cannot possibly live without.  And I kinda even love the lesser stuff like Raising Cain, Snake Eyes, Mission Impossible, and Casualties of War.  But lately, De Palma has delivered one disappointment after the next.  Mission To Mars, Femme Fatale, The Black Dahlia, Redacted...ugh, yeash, blah.  So when I watch the TIFF trailer for his latest lesbian thriller, Passion starring a couple of actresses I don't really care for...yeah, I don't really have the high hopes.  Fingers crossed and all that but De Palma really has to nail it for me to care again.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment