Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trailer: Life of Pi


I can't figure it out.  Life of Pi.  Do I love the trailer below or do I loathe it?  It's CG crazy, and some of the shots I think are stunning(the kid underwater, watching the boat plunge the ocean depths), some of the shots are awkwardly banal (sky's reflection in ocean), and then there's that green whale explosion at the end that gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason.  But I guess my real question is the story itself.  I've read the back of the book like everybody else, judged it not to be my cup of tea (not enough punching & shooting).  Boy floating in water with a tiger.  What's the big deal?  Inform me internet.

But what I do love?  That Scott Morse painting at the top of this post.  I can easily imagine a Pixar version of this film, and that's a fantasy I find rather exciting.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment