Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dork Art: Olly Moss' The Dark Knight Rises


I'M BACK!

And I cannot wait to share all my Comic Con experiences here on the blog.  Never again will I leave my laptop behind!  You guys crave up to the minute reportage, and I really hope you were following the @MouthDork twitter feed for all the crazy Comic Con shenanigans.

But before I post my last couple of Weeks in Dork I thought I'd dip my toes back into the ITMOD shallow end with this rather exciting announcement from Mondo.

For today, and today only, you have the opportunity to own the above Olly Moss Dark Knight print.  That's right, rather than the usual seconds to purchase a Mondo print you have A WHOLE DAY!  The print run is limited to the amount of folks who get to clicking.  I've already ordered mine, you should too.  More details can be found on their blog.

Is this the wave of Mondo's future?  I'm guessing if this Dark Knight poster is a success (and undoubtably it will be) than we can expect a whole slew of similar releases.  And I'm totally happy with that.  Mondo has reached an all time high as far as public awareness is concerned.  With licensing deals with Warner Brothers and Disney, the public is screaming for their Game of Thrones and Adventure Time prints.  Just last year I could walk up to the Mondo booth at Comic Con with no problem.  This year, the line to purchase a print was wrapping around the walls of the exhibit hall.  It's a brave new world for Mondo and it's time to make hay.

--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment