Thursday, December 22, 2011

Prometheus Trailer Debuts


I do try not to get too worked up, too excited about movies.  It’s a good way to be disappointed.  This is especially the case when the movie is by a director who was once ‘great’ and is perhaps not any longer.  And even more the case when the movie is connected to a much loved series.  So, with this in mind, I’m not getting myself worked up about Prometheus…Or at least, not too worked up.  That said, it’s among my most anticipated films of the next year and though I’m not one to look through every scrap or hint that leaks online, the trailer is something I’ve been looking forward to.  And, now I’ve seen it.  It doesn’t give too much away, but there are some tantalizing hints.  And it doesn’t look like it’s ashamed of being a sci-fi film, as you see plenty of ships and weird locations.  The nods and callbacks to the original make me very curious to see what connections might be made.  And I am glad the trailer is just coming out now, with the movie only about six months away.   …Only.  I don’t need a trailer a year or more ahead of time.  That’s just mean. 


See the trailer HERE!


And thanks to our friends at Daily Grindhouse for posting it earlier.


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment