Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dork Art: Francesco Francavilla's Point Break


Comic Book Superstar & ITMOD Favorite, Francesco Francavilla vented some remake fatigue this morning through his twitter feed.  Point Break 2015 starring Gerard Butler & Luke Bracey, and directed by Ericson Core (the guy responsible for the look of Daredevil, The Fast and The Furious, & Payback).  Does anybody want that?  Not me.  But I'm always rooting for Gerard Butler.  Rocknrolla, Law Abiding Citizen, Gamer.  I love those whacky flicks.  Olympus Has Fallen...well, the man tries real hard.  And I've stated on ITMOD before, and I'll state over & over again - remakes are as old as cinema itself.  Some of your favorite films are remakes - The Wizard of Oz, The Maltese Falcon, A Fistful of Dollars, The Thing, The Fly, Sleepless in Seattle, The Bourne Identity, and The Ladykillers.  So this small handful of films justifies Total Recall, Evil Dead, Carrie, Oldboy, Robocop, Point Break??  Probably not.  I'm just not ready to jump on the hate wagon anymore just cuz the general consensus says REMAKES ARE DUMB.  I'm a film freak with hope in his heart.  Godzilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment